Sunday, January 11, 2015

                                                            Lolita by day..

“Lolita, light of my life, fire of my loins. My sin, my soul. Lo-lee-ta: the tip of the tongue taking a trip of three steps down the palate to tap, at three, on the teeth. Lo. Lee. Ta. She was Lo, plain Lo, in the morning, standing four feet ten in one sock. She was Lola in slacks. She was Dolly at school. She was Dolores on the dotted line. But in my arms she was always Lolita. Did she have a precursor? She did, indeed she did. In point of fact, there might have been no Lolita at all had I not loved, one summer, an initial girl-child. In a princedom by the sea. Oh when? About as many years before Lolita was born as my age was that summer. You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, exhibit number one is what the seraphs, the misinformed, simple, noble-winged seraphs, envied. Look at this tangle of thorns.” (Vladimir Navbokov, Lolita). 


I'm a Lolita too, by day. I've always been a bit of Lolita. I've fallen in love so many times. I was  a premature teen girl in my teen years. Sometimes, it seems it stopped there like I stopped growing around at that age.  Sometimes I'm still that girl who is so carefree, who wears lace socks, heart shaped glasses, for ice cream coffee or milkshake is the most important matter. I'm spoiled sometimes. I get up late, and look for sandwiches my boyfriend prepared for me.  Sometimes, I like my hair in pigtails or two high ponytails..

I live in my own girly world.. I'm a child girl sometimes. Sometimes, I want nothing more than time for myself, where I just lay on the grass, with legs up, read (more like just see pretty images) my girly magazine...

Or I wear my prettiest dress and walk out of my house happily just to get caramel machiatto from Starbucks then go to a Kiokuniya and flick through the girliest magazines and fashion books. 

I will never fully grow up like the others just like I was matured too early unlike the others.. 

Photo credit: Model Photographic, Bob Lang. 
Shoes: 'Dark Purple Kid' by Energy from Zomp Shoes 
Heartshaped sunnies from Harajuku market. 
Magazine : L'ARME, Girly Fashion Art book.
Dress: 'Cherry girl', Attic
Socks: TOPSHOP. 














No comments:

Post a Comment