Monday, April 21, 2014

       Poetry, Silver suspender leggings & Sailor Moon T-shirt

 (Mixing Harajuku fashion with Sydney street fashion)



I always loved poetry. I've always written poetry. As long as I can remember. I guess, put this way, ever since, I've learnt to write.  My first poem was about moon.
I admired the Russian and Mongolian female poets. The poetry that I read from them was very dreamy yet gloomy, but beautiful, and feminine,  if I can describe it in few words. 

The reason why I'm talking about poetry is, the photos that I'm just about to post below these few paragraphs, make me think about poetry. I did this photo shoot with the wonderful photographer from Bordeaux, France. His name is Jonathan Jato. If you'd like to see more of his breathtakingly beautiful photos, visit his site at : https://www.flickr.com/photos/jonathan_jato/.

I'm wearing, a Sailor Moon print T-shirt bought from Harajuku, silver suspender leggings from Black Milk, silver top black ankle boots purchased from Zomp shoe store, a bowler hat from Sportsgirls and grey jumper (my boyfriend's). Oh and ofcourse the pink heartshaped bag with an illustration of Alice.
For those who are from overseas, or haven't heard about this amazing legging professional brand called Black Milk, as unique as their design, here is their online store web address:  http://blackmilkclothing.com.

And for shoes, I always go to Zomp shoe store in Paddington, Sydney, you can shop online: https://www.zomp.com.au.

I would say,  it is a very street style, fashion forward and individual look.  I wore the same outfit to a friend's birthday that night and I received lot of compliments and attention. P:
 It's very Tokyo, or even Harajuku, one might say. But I think the look is a mix of  both Sydney and Tokyo. More specifically, Harajuku and Oxford street.

I could also entitle this post, 'How to rock cool leggings?'.

If it's the question you seek, I'd answer, rock it with a cool print T-shirt and platforms or high heeled boots to sleek it up and long strapped satchel bag, a hat to add the 'effortless chic' factor.
If you are wearing it in the evening, and if it might be chilly just a throw an oversized jumper, to add a bit of the sexy 'borrowed from the boys' factor.
Well, anyway this is how I'd wear a pair of, cool 'Black Milk' leggings.


Never be afraid of experimenting! Fashion is for fun!

<3 <3 <3

Xoxo,

Your Kouture Kitty.











Photo by Jonathan Jato

1 comment: